So this week was actually very easy. For me it was all about video editing and getting my mini-documentary ready to go. So in this blog post, I am going to go over some of the things that went well for me and a few challenges.
*I am not going to say any names yet, because I am going to wait until class on Tuesday, November 8th before I show anyone the final result.
Good things: First of all, I had one of the best subjects to work with! This individual has a great story, and is truly an inspiration to those around her! She was very cooperative about the whole situation; in fact, she was actually very touched that I would ask her to do such a video.
I think the whole filming process went off without a hitch. We got all the footage we needed, plus some. We made sure to get plenty of B-Roll, lots of action shots, slider movement, and even used mics and lights. Her family was very excited about it as well, so they decided to join in as well.
During the editing process, I was very lucky to have access to a lot of very nice editing software, so that part was easy. I had a plethora of video to choose from, so that was also very nice. But there were a few things that I struggled with.
Bad things: I really wouldn’t have changed anything during the shooting process, but I really had a tough time finding music. I really had a good feel for the mood that I wanted to set, but it was just so hard to find the right type of music. All of the music that I found had one of two things wrong with it:
- It just wasn’t quite the right feel.
- It cost $20+ to get it
I wasn’t about to spend any money on this, so I kept digging until I finally found one! Now I stitched it all together and I really like the outcome of what it finally looks like.
Check back on November 8th, 2015 for the link to the documentary.